These zesty and delightful gluten free Cranberry Orange Muffins have a secret ingredient — cottage cheese! It not only adds a lot of protein, but it makes these gluten free muffins so moist and tender. Whether you’re looking for a scrumptious holiday breakfast option, a delicious snack these muffins fit the bill perfectly.Jump to Recipe
Post and recipe card updated 8/17/23
Before I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease it was hard enough to feed my family of five. Despite the fact that I followed the rules and didn’t give in to my picky toddler’s demands for chicken nuggets and mac & cheese every night, somehow that toddler become a picky 14 year old, who will only eat a small variety of foods. My middle son, who has a much more adventurous palate, still mostly prefers waffles or any breakfast food for that matter. And my daughter became a vegetarian in May. While dinners are often an exercise in frustration, breakfasts are the most satisfying meals for me to prepare for my motley crew. I try to make them varied (and healthy-ish) and there is no better time to crank up the oven than when the weather turns and there is a chill in the air.
Gluten Free Cranberry Recipes
Each fall, my mother-in-law sends us a box full of cranberries, picked from a bog near their home in Cape Cod. They are better than any regular cranberries I’ve tasted, mostly because they are sent with love, I suspect. I use them to make relishes, and quick breads, chutneys and the like. And I used them in this gluten free cranberry orange muffins recipe. They are flecked through with tart cranberries and orange zest and given a lean protein punch by the addition of cottage cheese.
So, whether you’re embarking on a gluten-free journey or simply seeking a tantalizing treat that marries the tang of cranberries with the zest of oranges, these gluten free cranberry orange muffins are your ticket to a heartwarming and delicious holiday season!
Looking for more? Here are some other gluten free muffins recipes for you to try.
- Amazing Gluten Free Muffins – Banana + Toasted Walnuts
- The Best Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins
- Your Favorite, Delicious Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
Did you make these Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Muffins recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and star rating below (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) and post a picture and tag us on Instagram using the hashtags #agirldefloured #deflouredrecipes! Thank you!
Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Muffins with Cottage Cheese
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose GF flour blend
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum omit if your flour blend already contains a gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 1 cup cranberries chopped
- zest from one orange
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with paper liners or grease with butter. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter with brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In another small bowl, whisk flour blend, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture along with the whole milk and mix until just combined. Carefully fold in cottage cheese, cranberries, orange zest and nuts until evenly incorporated.
- Spoon into muffin cups, filling each about ⅔ full. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked throughout.
Thank you for helping support my small business! A Girl Defloured earns revenue in a few different ways; I have occasional sponsored post and I also earn an affiliate commission on the sales of products I link to— there might be a few of those links in this post. The only items that I feature are those that I use on a regular basis and that I truly love. I earn a small commission on your purchase, but you don’t pay any more than retail price. This allows me to share my recipes with you (and keeps me well fed). THANK YOU!