Hi there! It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas, even though here in Southern California it doesn’t exactly feel like Christmas. It’s been stupid hot here. Despite that, I think it’s important for the house to smell like Christmas, especially as I begin to deck the halls. So this morning I whipped up a batch of Gluten-Free Pear Gingerbread Muffins.
Recipe card & instructions updated 3/4/22.Jump to Recipe
These muffins are dark and heady with the aromas of ginger, nutmeg, clove and molasses and studded with chunks of ripe pear. I added oats for fiber and texture, and a little turbinado sugar on top for crunch. They are the perfect muffin to help get us in the holiday spirit…and they gave me the needed boost of energy to put the finishing touches on my decorations.
These bad boys are great on their own, but would also taste wonderful spread with a little cream cheese….I think you’ll love them just as much as we did!
If you’re looking for a more traditional gingerbread recipe, check out my Gluten-Free Sour Cream Gingerbread Cake here.
Love muffins as much as I do? Here are some other varieties that you can try:
- Amazing Gluten Free Muffins – Banana + Toasted Walnuts
- Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Muffins
- Your Favorite, Delicious Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and star rating below (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) and post a picture and tag us on Instagram using the hashtags #agirldefloured #deflouredrecipes! Thank you!
Gluten Free Pear Gingerbread Muffins
- 2¼ cups gluten-free all purpose flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum omit of your flour blend contains a gum
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 medium super ripe banana mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup sunflower seed oil or other neutral oil
- ⅓ cup molasses
- ⅓ cup milk non-dairy milk is fine
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup cane sugar
- 1 ripe pear peeled and cubed
- 1 cup of certified gluten-free oats
- 2 tablespoons of turbinado raw sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum and spices in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the mashed banana with the eggs, vanilla, oil, molasses, milk and sugars until smooth.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients together in the large bowl and whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Fold in the cubed pear and oats. Scoop batter into the prepared muffin tin, sprinkle with the turbinado sugar, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Serve immediately.
Thank you for helping support my small business! A Girl Defloured earns revenue in a few different ways; I have occasional sponsored post and I also earn an affiliate commission on the sales of products I link to— there might be a few of those links in this post. The only items that I feature are those that I use on a regular basis and that I truly love. I earn a small commission on your purchase, but you don’t pay any more than retail price. This allows me to share my recipes with you (and keeps me well fed). THANK YOU!