This fun, fresh salsa recipe is spicy and cool! With a unique combination of radish, cucumber and avocado, this is a salsa recipe that I turn to again and again! It’s just about the freshest smelling and tasting thing ever and the first time I made it for my family my husband and son exclaimed at the same time, “This tastes like ceviche!” (without the fish, of course). Enjoy!Jump to Recipe
It’s no secret that I love Mexican food. And by love, I really mean that I’m completely obsessed with it. I could eat it three meals a day–and frequently I do. There is something so magical about the way fresh and rich flavors meld together, often spiked with searing heat.
Salsa, which means sauce in English, is an accompaniment to practically every meal in Mexico, and it goes way beyond the tomato-based versions we get most often in the US. In fact, I prefer salsas that aren’t made out of tomatoes at all.
How to Make this Fun, Fresh Salsa Recipe
If I could take a bite of Mexico, I imagine it would taste much like the salsa I made today–fresh with an earthy undertone, bright with lime, and hotter than heck. (Ok…it wasn’t that hot, but the Serrano chiles I added did pack a punch.) This Radish, Cucumber, and Avocado Salsa recipe is spicy and so delicious, and I have a hard time not eating it all out of the bowl with a spoon.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- 1 bunch of radishes I prefer the colorful Easter egg radishes
- 1 avocado
- ½ English cucumber
- 5 scallions
- 1 serrano chile
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 limes
- salt to taste
Serve serve this salsa recipe over grilled chicken, steak or fish with warm, corn tortillas, or as I did today, with freshly baked tortilla chips. And don’t forget the margarita!
Love Mexican food like I do? Try these other recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Mole Tacos with Pomegranate Salsa
- Classic Carnitas Recipe
- Seafood and Chorizo Tacos
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and star rating below (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐). It means a lot and helps my content get seen! Post a picture and tag us on Instagram using the hashtags #agirldefloured #deflouredrecipes! Thank you!
Radish & Cucumber Salsa
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Stack the tortillas and cut into 8 wedges. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet (will probably take 2 sheets). Spray with gluten-free cooking spray (or brush with oil). Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until tortillas are brown and crisp. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Make the salsa. Cut the greens and root ends from the radishes and cut radishes in a ¼ inch dice. Place in a medium bowl. Cut avocado and cucumber into a ¼ inch dice and add to the radishes. Thinly slice the scallions and add to the vegetables.
- Cut the chile in half and remove the seeds and white membrane, if desired. Mince and add to the bowl. Finely chop the cilantro and add.
- Zest one lime and add the zest to the vegetables in the bowl. Juice the zested lime, and the other lime and stir the juice into the salsa. Taste for seasoning and add salt if desired, a large pinch should suffice.
- Serve salsa immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to use. I like to make this at least an hour before I want to serve it to allow the flavors to meld.