The Best Homemade Lemon Honey Ice Cream
This bright and delicious Homemade Lemon Honey Ice Cream is made with lemon infused honey, limoncello, lemon zest and juice, heavy cream, and buttermilk. It’s not custard based, meaning you can get right to churning in no time flat. It’s silky and luscious, zesty and creamy – pretty much everything you want in an ice cream!Jump to Recipe
How to make the perfect homemade ice cream – every time!
If you’ve been following along, you probably know that I have discovered a foolproof method for perfect ice cream. I wish it was my recipe, but it’s not. And that’s ok. I don’t think Dorie would mind me taking her recipe and running with it. Once you try it you’ll never go back. It’s easy, delicious, and perfect every single time.
Here’s the formula for perfect ice cream:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons each of honey, booze of some sort, and dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon of extract
- pinch of salt
All it needs is a thorough whisking and you’re ready to churn! I’ve used this ice cream base so many times to make all kinds of flavors including this homemade lemon honey ice cream. It takes literally minutes to put together, and has endless flavor combination possibilities.
High quality ingredients make all the difference!
One of my favorite things to do is to seek out unique ingredients to put in my recipes, including ice cream. And I especially love to try unique goods from small makers! Last month, I attended a small country fair and met the founder of Naturacentric Apothecary, Natalie, who was so lovey and knowledgeable. I purchased some of her delicious Elderberry Elixir, and a few of her honeys including Lavender Infused, and CBD Restful Sleep Honey. I totally fell in love with her products, so when she approached me to collaborate with her on a recipe using some of her honey flavors, of course I agreed!
How to make the best homemade lemon honey ice cream from scratch.
In order to convert the base recipe I mentioned above to make the best homemade lemon honey ice cream, I used Naturacentric Lemon Infused Honey, limoncello, lemon zest, and a splash of lemon juice. It’s so creamy and tangy, and tastes absolutely light and refreshing. I drizzled it with extra lemon infused honey, but it would also be amazing drizzled with limoncello for a rather grown up dessert.
You can find this and some of my other delicious recipes on the post Sweet Corn Fritters with Tomato Jam: Alison from A Girl Defloured on the California Grown blog!
Love homemade ice cream? We’ve got you covered!
- Easy Fresh Blueberry Ice Cream
- Pure Mint Chip Ice Cream
- Super Easy Homemade Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
- Homemade Gluten Free Waffle Cones
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and star rating below (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) and post a picture and tag us on Instagram using the hashtags #agirldefloured #deflouredrecipes! Thank you!
Homemade Lemon Honey Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon infused honey
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 tablespoons of cold limoncello
- 1 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest from approximately one lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice from approximately half a lemon
- good pinch of sea salt
- Put all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Make sure there are no clumps of milk powder hiding in the mix.
- Next, pour the mixture into the frozen base of an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturers directions. Scoop the ice cream into a storage container, cover tightly and freeze until more solid, at least 6 hours if you can wait that long.
I have seen honey ice cream in the store, but never tried. This is inspiring me! Can’t get much more summery than honey and lemon.
What I love about this recipe is that the honey cuts down on the refined sugar, plus adds such great flavor. Lemon + honey ice cream is such a summery treat!