Let’s face it: adulting can be a real pain in the you-know-what. Bills to pay, deadlines to meet, and don’t even get me started on those endless Zoom meetings. But fear not, my weary friends, for I come bearing the ultimate solution to all your grown-up woes: the Voot Beer Float.Jump to Recipe
Recipe card and description updated 2/7/24.
Hey y’all! I can’t believe it’s Friday again…these weeks just fly by, don’t they? I’ll bet you’ve been anxiously waiting to see who our next guest poster is for my Friday cocktail series. This week I’m featuring a recipe by the lovely & hilarious K.C., creator of the fantastic gluten-free resource, G-Free Foodie.
K.C. is the kind of person who seems like she has always been my friend. I feel like I’ve known her a million years–maybe it’s because we were both raised in the rural Central Valley of California. But I suspect the real reason is because we are both awesome. Or something.
How to Make an Adult Root Beer Float
Picture this: a frosty glass filled with your favorite root beer, generously spiked with vanilla vodka. It’s like your childhood favorite got a major upgrade – one that’s guaranteed to turn even the crappiest of days into something downright delightful. Just ask K.C. of G-Free Foodie, who whipped up this concoction on a particularly crappy day and watched her troubles melt away with each sip.
Serves: 1 person, because sometimes you just need a drink all to yourself
- 1 16 oz glass (because bigger is always better)
- 2 ounces of vanilla vodka (because why stop at root beer?)
- Your favorite root beer (K.C. recommends Sioux City, Henry Weinhard’s, or Virgil’s)
- Ice or vanilla ice cream, or both, because we’re not here to judge
- Grab that big ol’ glass and pack it loosely with ice or ice cream. Or go wild and load it up with both – ice first, ice cream on top, if you’re feeling extra fancy.
- Pour in the vanilla vodka like you’re channeling your inner mixologist. Go ahead, feel the power.
- Top it all off with your root beer of choice. Watch as it cascades down, mingling with the vodka in a dance of boozy bliss.
- Consume. Repeat. Because let’s be real, one of these is never enough.
And there you have it, folks: the Voot Beer Float, your new go-to drink for when life hands you lemons (or crappy days). It’s sweet, it’s nostalgic, and it’s got enough booze to make you forget all about those pesky adult responsibilities. So go ahead, kick back, and let the Voot Beer Float transport you back to simpler times – one sip at a time.
Can I use a different type of vodka?
Absolutely! While vanilla vodka adds a lovely sweetness to this drink, feel free to experiment with other flavors. Caramel vodka, anyone? Just remember to make sure whatever booze you choose is gluten-free.
Can I make this non-alcoholic?
Of course! Simply omit the vanilla vodka and enjoy a classic root beer float instead. It’s like hitting the pause button on adulthood for a moment.
Can I use diet root beer?
Sure thing! Whether you prefer regular or diet root beer, the choice is yours. Just know that the flavor may vary slightly depending on your selection.
So go ahead, whip up a Voot Beer Float, and toast to the fact that adulthood doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom. Sometimes, all it takes is a boozy twist on a childhood favorite to make everything right in the world. Cheers!
More Fun & Inspired Cocktails to Try:
- California Sunshine In Every Sip: The Oliveto Cocktail
- Celery + Sage Sparkling Wine Cocktail with Gin
- The Perfect Gin Cocktail for Summer
Did you make this spiked root beer float recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and star rating below (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) and post a picture and tag us on Instagram using the hashtags #agirldefloured #deflouredrecipes! Thank you!
Vodka Spiked Root Beer Float: Because Adulting Calls for Boozy Nostalgia
- 16 ounce glass
- Pack a 16 ounce glass loosely with ice or ice cream, or load it ice first – ice cream on top, if you’re that kind of guy.
- Pour in the vanilla vodka, top with root beer.
- Consume. Repeat.